Frequently Asked Questions
- What's the campuscyber.com for?
- How do I create a user account?
- How do I post my notice on the campuscyber.com?
- Should I join in first before I can post on the campuscyber.com?
- Do I need to pay when I post items to sell on Campuscyber.com?
- How do I edit or delete the listings I have posted?
- How long does the campuscyber.com keep my postings?
- What's else can be used in ASIN area to bring out the picture of Amazon item?
- How many campuses are there in the campuscyber.com?
- What's Campuscyber.com's criteria to provide free posting bulletin board for university or college
- Why my posts were deleted?
- What's the higher education accreditation in US?
This free bulletin board on campus is for students to exchange textbooks, electronics and other used items among themselves right on their own campus. This will make exchange easy and practical since the transactions most likely will take place on the campus. It will help students to save time and money.
It is more than the alternative or substitute of physical bulletin boards on campus, The students can also share and interact with each other across campuses about any topic they like in the forms of student groups, blogs, forum and , such as study tips, part time job, scholarships, student loans, sports, entertainment as well as career perspectives of their chosen majors.
1), Fill in Username, email address (no special requirement for email address, any valid email address will do) and confirm the email address in the login page.
2), Click the button of "create new account".
3), You need to go to your email account to click the link sent to you by campuscyber.com to login, then you can post for sale notices, write blogs and participate in forum.
4), You can change your password for the new account if you want.
1. Register and login as an authenticated user, so you have total control of your listings.
(Although you can post in any category as an anonymous user (except jobs/employment), you can not change or delete your own listings).
2. Go to the menu Post Free.
4. You are in the new page called "Create Books", or "create house/apartment/room rental"
5. Select the state, the city and your campus under the <Campus: *> dropdown menu.
6. Write the book (or other item) title.
7. Input the ISBN (or ASIN if it is not a book), which will automatically bring up the image of this book, so you do not have to take picture by yourself and save your time.
8. The price you want to sell.
9. Describe the condition of the book (or other items).
10. Leave your valid email address. Your email address will be encrypted and safe. Other people can contact you via the email but you do not know your email address.
11. Leave your phone # if you like.
12. Then Save and your listing will be published in your selected campus about 15 minutes.
Enjoy and spread words among your friends if you find the bulletin board is useful to you.
- Yes. You need to register to use the free service.
- Only user ID and valid email address are needed when you open a new account at campuscyber.com.
- You email address is encrypted and safe, so other people can contact you without knowing your email.
- One obvious advantage of becoming a member is that you can edit or delete your own postings at anytime you may want.
- Another benefit of becoming a member: you can participate in blog, forum and join in student groups.
This is a free service for the students and staff on the campus. It is designed to help students to exchange items among themselves right on the campus.
It also facilitate students to form groups by themselves, so they can communicate among themselves about study tips, career perspectives, popular majors and any topic they are interested in.
You need to go to the postings you have created on your campus board after you login, you click "edit" on your posting, then you can make the changes you want and save.
If you want to delete the page, at the end of page, you can click "delete" button. After confirmation page, your post is now deleted.
The Campuscyber.com will keep the postings for 4 to 6 weeks depending on the traffic your campus bulletin board will get.
If you do not want to look for the ASIN deep down in the Amazon item page, you can simply copy the link of a particular item in the Amazon.com, and paste it into ASIN area when creates a post, it will also being out the item's picture you intend to sell.
There are more than 2500 online bulletin boards on the campuses of universities and colleges in US and Canada. If you are reading this, most likely, your school has the free bulletin board for you and your friends to use.
All universities and colleges with free posting bulletin boards on campuscyber.com have met the following three criteria:
- It has to be accredited by recognized accrediting organization.
- It must be degree-granting institution.
- It enrolls at least 1000 students on campus.
if your campus meet these criteria and not on the campuscyber.com, please email us at email@example.com.
Spams are prohibited and strictly enforced.
In the United States, accreditation is carried out by private, nonprofit organizations with purpose of scrutinizing colleges, universities and higher education programs for quality assurance and quality improvement.
External review of higher education is a non government enterprise. The U.S. accreditation structure is decentralized and complex, mirroring the decentralization and complexity of American higher education.
The higher education enterprise is made up of degree-granting and non-degree-granting institutions. These may be public or private, two- or four-year, nonprofit or for profit. They enroll more than 16 million credit students and employing approximately 3.1 million full- and part-time people.
Both federal and state governement consider accreditation to be a reliable authority on academic quality.